Get more from your online store
Ecommerce changes quickly and it’s important to stay up to date so that you can be aware of the trends that will have an effect on sales. Here are some smart tips that will help you stay on the cutting edge of ecommerce so that you can improve your chances of success.
- Avoid lengthy sign up pages that can take several minutes for customers to fill out before they can make a purchase. You’ll lose their patience and you don’t actually need the info – just an email address and a password will do.
- Instead, you can ask them if they want to sign up after they have made the purchase, so that they can make the next purchase easier by creating an account.
- Don’t underestimate the power of call to action buttons, which can help to make your site more usably and build higher conversions.
- Make sure that the call to action button stands out on the website with its positioning, font and wording as well as its colour.
- If your ecommerce site has a wide range of different products sold, make sure that you have a well-designed search function so that users can quickly find what they are looking for.
- A “breadcrumb” navigation system is a great idea because it shows them how many steps they have accomplished in the checkout process and how many more are left to go.
- Otherwise, they will get bored and think that your shopping procedures take forever, so they might be tempted to abandon their purchases halfway through.
- Your customers will be more inclined to purchase from you if they know yours is a website they can trust. Make sure that you update your shopping security with a trust certificate such as Verisign or Hacker Safe.
- It is much better to display all shipping charges, taxes and other extra costs right at the beginning. Customers hate when the price suddenly goes up at the end of a purchasing process because of a fee or tax they weren’t expecting.
- Add a persistent shopping cart that will save the items even if the customer closes the window and comes back later. They might have made up their mind and decide to purchase those items the second time around.
These are just a few smart tips that can help you to maximise your ecommerce and reach new levels of success.